Energy Efficiency Resources
This page provides a list of the energy efficiency resources that we publish on mandores.com.
- Energy Efficiency Guide: Includes resources for homeowners and professionals, including heating, cooling and swimming pool cost calculators, tips for improving the efficiency of metal buildings, and events and job listings for energy professionals.
- Energy Vampires: this article explains phantom load, how to estimate the annual cost of energy vampires, and provides suggestions on how to reduce the amount of energy they consume in standby.
- Light Bulb Comparison chart: this chart compares LED, compact flourescent and incandescent light bulbs on 20 different criteria
- Debunking Common Myths about Wind Energy: we examine whether wind turbines hurt tourism, health, property values and more.
- High-efficiency boilers: boilers with an AFUE of at least 90%
- High-efficiency furnaces: furnaces with an AFUE of at least 90%
- Pelamis Wave Energy: A history and profile of the first company to supply clean renewable electricity to the commercial grid from a wave energy converter
- World's Shortest Recycling Guide: An updated, printable, 1-page guide for what can be recycled, and what can't.